PicasaPicasaPicasaPicasaPicasaPicasa

Friday 19 April 2013

Soap & Glory Face Soap and Clarity


A different kind of post today!

This is a review of the Soap & Glory Face Soap and Clarity face wash.

I originally got this free as part of an offer in Boots but you can buy it for £7.00 here or for £6.50 in Harvey Nichols here.
I don’t normally comment on packaging but I really did like the look of this one. It was bright and bold and just livened up my bathroom shelf a little bit more!

Everything you need to know about the product is clearly presented on the front.
You do get a good amount of product for the price and because you don’t need much each use, it can last even longer.

At the back there is some easy instructions on how to use the product. All you have to do is squeeze out a little bit of it onto your hands and rub it into damp skin until it starts to foam and then simply wash it off.
The face wash itself is a clear light blue, sort of runny gel like formula with small pink exfoliating micro-beads suspended within it. To be totally honest with you, I don’t think the beads did much for me. There were too few for them to be exfoliating and because of the gel like formula, I couldn’t even really feel them. I lightly foams up but still has a gel like feel, if that makes sense. It had a nice fresh scent and a little really does go a long way.
After using this face wash my skin definitely felt cooler and brighter and somewhat smoother. BUT, I did notice it was also drier, which is the total opposite of what it claims to do. Generally though it did do what it claimed to and didn't leave a tight or burning feeling to the skin.

So now that I have used all of the product up, I can safely say it will last you over a month of washing your face twice a day.
And so does it live up to what it claims to do? Well mostly yes! Here’s a quick reminder or the claim:
"A high-tech, gentle non-drying foaming facial wash, formulated with complexion-friendly, easy-rinse surfactants and special SUPERFRUIT™ PLUM skin brightening complex" 
Bottom Line: As much as I liked this product, I did find it dried my skin a bit too much (but that may have been partially down to the freezing winter we've had).

Would I repurchase? Hmm, maybe not right now but I might consider it in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...