PicasaPicasaPicasaPicasaPicasaPicasa

Monday 23 September 2013

Olympia Beauty 2013

First of all I'd like to apologise for not posting for such a long time. I've now been at Brit for three whole weeks and I'm really loving it! But that also means I've been putting loads of my energy towards it and so a lot of other things ended up taking a back seat. Also my health hasn't been great either but I am trying really hard not to let it get the better of me... Because of all this I have literally just been exhausted.

But anyway, thats probably not why your reading this, so back to the actual post.

Yesterday I went to Olympia Beauty for the first time ever. I had fairly high expectations, and I'm glad to say it definitely surpassed them! I mainly went so I could mooch around the polish stands and perhaps even pick up some nice new one at much purse friendlier prices and I can safely say it was mission accomplished! ;)
It was actually so good!! Mainly because I was in polish heaven for a while! :P As you have probably worked, I did plenty of shopping!! I ended up not having very long to browse (read on to find out why) but I managed to get my hands on lots of goodies in the short while I did get! You may also notice that I am such a glitter bug and much like a magpie, was draw to mainly glitters! Take a look...
And guess what happened? Well, while I was at the Nubar Stand, I was asked to model for them at the Nailympics. Apparently there had been an issue with their model and they needed someone within the hour. I said yes and so for almost three hours I sat and got my nails done and judged. The technician doing my nails was Shannon Nakamura (from Hawaii, ooh!, and she really was so lovely! I did have to have my long nails cut right down but the whole time she was so sweet and even taught me a thing or two about nails and nail care! The section I was modelling for, was the Acrylic Tip & Overlay round. It was definitely a new experience for me, but I enjoyed it at the same time. I'm not sure what the results were, but as a thank you, she gave me a goodie-bag totally filled with Nubar products! (And some bits from her personal kit too!)
Meet Shannon :)


Oh and I also met up with some other British Bloggers: Lucie of Lucy's Stash, Vic of Glowstars and Dimpal of Crazy Polishes. They were all so nice and I'm glad I got to meet them :)


I am so glad I went because it really was an experience!

2 comments:

  1. Hey hun it was so lovely to meet you and you got so many lovely goodies! I think that the nails you've had done look really good and wearable. When you told me about it I thought you'll have some unwearable nail art done but this is nice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool experience! Glad you had a blast and I enjoyed seeing all your goodies you picked up. Nubar is one of my fave brands.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...